WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Information you provide
We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
2. Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorisation procedures determined by that social media site. We may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
3. Automatically-collected information
We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalised experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
1. Our use of personal information
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website and to improve and promote our products and services;
- To communicate with you and send you promotional information, such as newsletters and blog post notifications. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries and provide you with user support;
- To monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services, including tracking and measuring advertising on the Website;
- To personalise and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- To link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorised or illegal activity; and
- To carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of this information.
2. Third-party use of personal information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorise us to share your information. Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganisation proceeding brought by or against us.
3. Anonymous data
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
4. Publicly visible information
If you leave a comment on the Website, certain information may be publicly visible. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website. You may also choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Account. Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
5. Social sharing features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share your actions on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
6. Advertising and analytics services provided by others
We use the following cookies:
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Analytical/performance cookies – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they use it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, the links you have followed and also allow you to connect to social sites. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
The following types of advertising may be used on the Website:
- Affiliate Program Participation – The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for commission purposes.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
1. By us
The Website takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party service providers.
Email, text and other electronic message correspondence is not recognised as a secure method of communication. The Website endeavours to secure all correspondence, but all private information sent through email, text or other electronic message correspondence is done so at the users own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our Website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the Website uses software and programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
2. By General Data Protection Regulation
If you are located in the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These rights are summarised below. The Website will retain any information you choose to provide to us, unless you ask us to delete the information or if the Website decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your rights related to your personal information include the right to:
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions, or when required by law.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. Sensitive personal information
2. Minors’ information
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will take reasonable action to promptly remove such information from our records.
3. Policy changes
4. Contact information
5. Comment policy
Commenting on posts is highly encouraged, but strictly monitored. Spam, offensive, disrespectful, or non-inclusive comments will not be accepted on this site. This is a place of learning, encouragement and positivity.
The purpose of empoweredmillennialgirl.com is to help women in their twenties live their best life by providing relevant advice, information and support on personal growth, finance, career and lifestyle topics. While content is researched and the information and resources shared have been helpful to the author, please do not take the information on this site as professional emotional, medical, or legal advice. Information should be used for entertainment and/or informational purposes only. Your level of success in attaining results from the advice or resources we share depends on the time and effort you devote to completing each step, as well as your personal circumstances such as location and financial state. Since these factors differ according to individuals, we cannot guarantee your success, nor are we responsible for any of your actions. All opinions shared on this site belong to the author and do not reflect the opinions of any affiliated organisations.
The content and images within blog posts on the Website belong to the author and site and may not be edited or used for professional or offensive purposes. This may include, but is not limited to, using the images for e-books, promotional resources, discriminatory materials or pornography. If you would like to use any of the Website’s original images in a blog post or on social media, please credit the author and empoweredmillennialgirl.com, including a link back to this website. The images used for blog post featured images, categories and homepage promo boxes are stock images. Where possible, the author has been credited, along with the source of the image.
The author will sometimes use sponsored posts or affiliate links to promote other brands, websites or products. Using the link/s provided will not impact the cost of the item, the author will simply gain a commission from the stated company if you purchase a product using the link/s. Any money earned is used to cover the costs associated with running the Website. The author only recommends affiliates and sponsors that she has personally used and trusts to benefit her readers. All sponsored/paid content is stated within the blog post. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact. You can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The author of this site reserves the right to change its focus, along with the way it is run or managed, at any time.